CLAT 2016 Counselling
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2016 was conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) Patiala on May 8, 2016. The result of CLAT 2016 have been declared on 23rd May, 2016. CLAT 2016 Counselling will be conduct by exam committee and RGNUL by 1st June, 2016. The candidates who have appeared in examination and secure merit rank can participate in counselling process. Candidates will get admission on 2252 seats of Law Universities for 5 year integrated courses like BA LLB, B.com LLB and B.SC LLB etc. Seat allocation will be based on candidates merit rank in CLAT 2016.
CLAT 2016 Counselling Schedule/Dates
|01||First seat allotment list declaration date||
1st June, 2016
|Exercising options and counseling fee depostion||6th June – 10th June|
|03||Second allotment list||
|Exercising options and counseling fee deposition||14th June- 17th June|
|05||Third seat allotment list declaration date||
20th June- 22nd June
|Exercising options and counseling fee deposition||23rd June-25th June|
|07||Forth seat allotment list declaration date||
|Exercising option and counseling fee deposition||1st July-6th July|
CLAT 2016 Counselling Procedure
All candidates who have shortlisted in CLAT 2016 result are eligible for counselling process. There are huge number of candidates have appeared in CLAT 2016 examination, but only eligible candidates can fill counselling form. Admission in Law Universities will based on CLAT 2016 merit rank. So candidates who have secured merit rank in examination should be read and understand counselling process.
Step Wise Step Counselling Procedure
- All candidates first of all go on official website of CLAT www.clat.ac.in
- Candidates will need to login on the link “Online Counselling” by filling the required fields.
- Each candidate who are eligible for counselling must have to fill their preferred NLU, the candidate must fill participated universities preferences through “Online Counselling Window“.
- Counselling committee will announce first seat allotment list based on candidate given preferences.
- All selected candidates in first round will have to deposit their couneselling fee of Rs. 50,000/– for seat confirmation.
- After the fees have been deposited, the counselling committee will be issuing the seat allotment for the second round of counselling
- The candidates will be able to exercise their options of either for locking their allotted seat or for further up gradation. Candidates will also has option to withdraw from the admission process at this stage. In case not exercising any of these options, a candidate will be treated to have opted for upgrade option by default, provided he/ she has paid counselling fees.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats due to the vacant seats arising out in the first round will be required to remit the prescribed counselling fee against the allotted seat
- After fee deposition the third allotment list will be declared by exam body.
- The fourth and last counselling of CLAT 2016 will be announced after considering the total number of vacant seats arising following the third round seat allotment. In this counselling round, there won’t be any option to upgrade the seats
A candidate who withdraw himself/herself from admission process then Rs. 10,000/- will be deducted from counselling fee and rest return him.
Require Documents for Counselling
- Score Card or rank card of CLAT 2016.
- 10th and 12th mark-sheets.
- 2 passport size photograph.
- Photo ID proof.
CLAT 2016 Seat Allotment List
CLAT 2016 seat allotment list will publish on official website of exam committee or institutes. So all candidates can check their allotted colleges and reporting date on websites. Seat allotment list will declare after fourth round seat allocation in the month of July, 2016. Seat allotment list will decide according candidates merit rank, choices and preferences.